With the increasing interest and awareness showed by Sabahan in all pedigree dogs related matters in the recent years, and the demand for more efficient management and dog shows, had sparked the pedigree dog owners to sit and seriously discuss for the need in formation of a kennel club that will be based and operate in Sabah.
This noble intention had given the birth of East Malaysia Dog Owners Association popularly known as EMDA which was officially launched on the 4th June 2010 in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Now Sabahan can be proud of having their own kennel club that will focus on all matters related to dogs in Sabah, EMDA is the 1st dog’s related formal organization registered with the Registrar Of Society Malaysia (ROS) in Sabah and affiliated internationally to The Federacion Canina Internacional (International Canine Federation) with its HQ in Spain, through Asian Kennel Club Union of the Philippines, Inc.(AKCUPI) which leads the Asia Pacific Region.
As a kennel club that is officially recognized by the Malaysian Government and with international affiliation, EMDA can now register Sabahans as members, facilitate the members with pedigree dogs registration and conduct all dogs related activities like All Breed Dog Show, Speciality Show and other activities. Bravo to all dog owners in Sabah and not forgetting the consistent effort put in by the founders. SABAH BOLEH
VISION & MISSION
To be the champion and governing body for all pedigree dog related matters in Sabah and the international dog community.
To work closely with local authorities, state agencies and the general public pertaining pedigree dog related matters.
- To promote interest in the development and improvement of all pedigree dogs throughout East Malaysia.
- To encourage understanding and appreciation among owners and the general public of the outstanding characteristics and usefulness of the respective Breed of dogs.
- To promote the development of all pedigree dogs by exchange of knowledge, responsible rearing and breeding, training, shows and other canine related activities and also by holding seminar and exhibitions.
- To provide services to members in Registration, Pedigrees, Certificates and micro-chipping for registered pedigree dogs.
AFFILIATION AND RECOGNITION
- Federacion Canina Internacional (FCI)
Link with www.asociacionescaninas.com
- Asian Kennel Club Union of The Philippines Inc (AKCUPI)
Link with www.akcupi.com
- European Union
- Registrar of Societies Malaysia
- Sarawak Kennel Association
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Official Committee Members Year 2010 – 2012
- President : Chang Ket Kiong @ William
- Vice President : Hew Yuen Loong
- Secretary : Major B. Shuras Bathumalai
- Treasurer : Yong Chee Vui
Committee Members :
- Terry Chia Thiam Yin
- Wong Yun Fui
- Teng Chee Sheng